- Define commitment and find examples from materials shared in class
- Identify and illustrate examples of commitment in their own lives
|SUGGESTED GRADE LEVEL||SUGGESTED VALUES||SUGGESTED SUBJECT MATTER|
- Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
- Worksheet for student writing/illustrating
- Character Club Commitment video
Show the Character Club Commitment video. Discuss examples of commitment that students noticed in the video.
Whole Group Activity:
Ask students to listen for examples of how Horton shows commitment.
Have students think-pair-share their ideas about the following guiding questions:
- What obstacles did Horton encounter?
- What did Horton do when he was in that situation?
- How did Horton show commitment?
Have students complete the worksheet. Pages can be bound into a class book and shared.
Class participation, completed worksheet